901/926/927 Schedule Effective March 25
In response to significantly lower ridership, most Hartford area express bus routes will adopt reduced service schedules beginning Wednesday, March 25. Please note that some routes have been combined to decrease the number of buses on the road, while ensuring consistent and reliable service for our customers.
- Service will operate hourly in the peak direction with limited reverse-commute service provided.
- All trips on Route 901 will operate via Asylum Avenue in both directions. Some trips to/from Avon & Canton will be provided by the 926/927 – Winsted/Torrington route, which will make all regular 901 stops along the route.
- Buses will depart Canton to Hartford at 6:05, 7:05 & 8:05am and 2:20, 4:35 & 6:35pm. Buses will depart Central Row to Avon & Canton at 6:05 & 8:05am and 12:20, 3:45, 4:50 & 5:45pm.
- Routes 926 & 927 will operate as a combined route.
- One morning trip will depart Torrington at 6:10am and Winsted at 6:35am.
- Return trips to Torrington via Winsted will depart Central Row at 12:20 & 4:45pm.
Express buses will make all regular stops outside of Hartford. In Hartford, most routes will serve Downtown and Union Station only. The Asylum Hill and Columbus Boulevard Shuttles will operate as a stand-alone service every 15-20 minutes. Customers can connect to these shuttle routes at Central Row, along Pearl Street or on Asylum Street at Bushnell Park/Union Station to reach their destination.
Although coach buses will continue to be used on longer routes, shorter 2‑zone routes will be operated with standard transit buses until further notice to support rear door boarding and social distancing guidelines. Passengers who are in wheelchairs and others who require the bus to kneel should indicate to the Operator they wish to use the front door. On coach buses, customers are advised to proceed past the farebox and directly to a seat. On-board fare collection has been suspended until further notice.