LICENSE: Last updated: April 11, 2013
Disclaimer: CTtransit provides links to the data on this page as a public service. The data is provided free of charge. Neither CTtransit nor the Connecticut Department of Transportation nor any of their employees or agents shall be liable for the accuracy, completeness or currency of the information in this data.
Our website may contain links to other Internet sites, which are provided solely as a convenience to viewers and not as an endorsement of the contents of such sites. In addition, other Internet sites may link to our website without our knowledge or permission. Because CTtransit has no control over such linked sites, we assume no obligation to review, and are not responsible for the availability or content of, any off-site pages or any other sites linked to our website. Your linking to off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
In order to download the Trip Planning Data, you are required to agree to CTtransit's License Agreement and complete the following form. (* Indicates Required Field)
THIS CTTRANSIT LICENSE AGREEMENT ("Agreement") is entered into by and between CTtransit and you ("Licensee").
Licensee requests information from CTtransit on how passengers can use CTtransit's public transit system to travel between two or more points. Such information, called "Trip Planning Data", includes the departure and arrival times, the sequence of transit stops for select routes of CTtransit and a set of files that provide requisite route and trip information along with related scheduled transit stop times over a specified seasonal period. CTtransit hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive, limited and revocable right to use, reproduce and redistribute the Trip Planning Data subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Licensee may not use CTtransit's trademarks and copyrighted materials.
- The Trip Planning Data is provided on an "AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. The Trip Planning Data will only be provided in General Transit FeedSpecification (GTFS) format. CTTRANSIT makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, pertaining to the Trip Planning Data.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CTTRANSIT HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CTTRANSIT DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR CURRENCY OF THE TRIP PLANNING DATA AND FURTHER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE TRIP PLANNING DATA AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO LICENSEE. IN ADDITION, CTTRANSIT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY LICENSEE OR LICENSEE'S CUSTOMERS AS THE RESULT OF THIS LICENSE OR ITS/THEIR USE OF THE TRIP PLANNING DATA, EVEN IN THE EVENT THAT CTTRANSIT HAS BEEN PUT ON NOTICE THAT SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT BE SUFFERED BY LICENSEE AND/OR LICENSEE'S CUSTOMERS. IN ADDITION TO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER, IN NO EVENT SHALL CTTRANSIT'S LIABILITY TO LICENSEE AND/OR LICENSEE'S CUSTOMERS EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE AMOUNT OF TEN DOLLARS ($10.00). THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL REMAIN IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF LICENSEE'S CLAIM, BE IT IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, INFRINGMENT OR OTHERWISE.
- CTtransit reserves the right to alter and/or no longer provide the Trip Planning Data at any time without prior notice.
- Licensee agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CTtransit, its employees, and agents, from and against all fines, actions, suits, proceedings, claims (including claims by CTtransit for its own internal damages and losses), third-party claims, causes of action, demands, losses, damages (including but not limited to consequential damages), judgments, settlements costs and expenses (including but not limited to CTtransit's reasonable attorney's fees, expert witnesses and court costs) or other liabilities of any kind or of any nature arising out of or in connection with this License or Licensee's use of the Trip Planning Data. -The validity of any term or provision of the Agreement will not affect the validity of any other provision set forth herein.
- CTtransit does not currently charge a license fee to download the Trip Planning Data. However, CTtransit reserves the right to institute a license fee at any time in the future without prior notice.
- CTtransit maintains title, ownership, rights and interest in and to the Trip Planning Data.
- CTtransit reserves the right to modify or revoke the Agreement at any time.
- The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern all rights and obligations under the Agreement. Any legal action filed by Licensee related to or arising from this License shall be filed exclusively in the Superior Court of Connecticut or the United States Federal District Court for the District of Connecticut. Licensee expressly consents to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
- The Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between CTtransit and Licensee with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior oral or written understandings, communications, or arguments not specifically incorporated herein.
I have read and agree to the above CTTRANSIT LICENSE AGREEMENT. Further, I agree by using the data that I fully accept the Terms of the Licensing Agreement.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR DOWNLOAD THE DATA.
General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) is an open format spec used by hundreds of transit agencies to power transit directions in a variety of Web and transit apps, including Google Maps. The information provided through data feeds includes static schedule and service data using an open standard.
While we provide the data and maintain the sources, we're not able to provide support directly in how to write your software. Please, keep CTtransit information current. We make it easy, we'll let you know when we have new or updated data. Just sign up.