Emergency Ride Home Program
The CTrides Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program is a "safety-net" for employees who regularly use an alternative commute to work. If an unexpected emergency arises, the ERH program will reimburse commuters who meet the guidelines below for their trip up to four (4) times a year.
The current Guaranteed Ride Home program will have several changes effective January 1, 2017, and will affect all CTtransit Hartford Express Bus Riders who use a monthly or 31-day pass, in the following ways:
- Program name changes to The Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program
- The program is transitioning from a model where rides were dispatched, to a reimbursable model where you will submit a reimbursement request online through CTrides.com/ERH after you have taken the ride.
- Under this new model, 3 types of modes to get home will be allowed:
- A co-worker (We use the current federal mileage reimbursement rate at the time the ride was taken)
- On-demand ride service
NOTE: Because CTrides Hotline will no longer be dispatching taxis, you MUST HAVE a receipt to support your reimbursement request EXCEPT for the co-worker reimbursement option.
- An individual can submit up to four (4) reimbursement requests per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30). There is a max of $200 allowance per trip.
Riders using the 971 I-Bus Express (Stamford - White Plains) are NOT eligible for the the ERH program.
If you have questions, contact CTrides at 1-877-CTrides (1-877-287-4337) or info@CTrides.com.
Sorry - the ERH benefit is not available to customers using a 10-Ride Ticket or paying a cash fare.