Reduced Fare Transit Photo ID Card Application
Program for Senior Citizens (65 years or older) or Persons with a Qualifying Disability
All Applicants: Complete either the Senior Citizen Application or the Persons with Disability Application.
Include with the completed application:
- Your photo with your name printed on back.
- Check with signers address imprinted on it or money order payable to CTtransit. NOTE: There is an application charge of $5.00 to issue a first photo I.D. card. If lost, stolen or damaged, a replacement card may be obtained with a processing fee of $10.00. Do NOT send cash.
- Copies of documents certifying eligibility (see applications for list of accepted documents.) Applicants may redact Social Security number.
- Current full-face color photo only (top of head and bottom of chin must show)
- Photo size 2” × 2” or 1” × 1¼”
- No hats or sunglasses in photo
- Photo must be in focus
Temporary disability cards expire one year from issue date. If you have a temporary Reduced Fare Transit ID that has expired, complete the application for Persons with Disability and resubmit.
Mail Completed Application and Supporting Documents to:
Attn: Reduced Fare Transit ID Program
PO Box 66
Hartford, CT 06141-0066
Call (860) 522-8101, ext 288 with questions about this application. Persons having a hearing and/or speech disability may dial 711 for Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS).
Application processing may take up to three (3) weeks. Applicants are encouraged to retain copy of application for their records.
Reduced Fare Transit Photo ID cards are not transferable and can only be used by the person to whom the card was issued.
When you receive your photo ID, do not punch holes in, bend, fold, or otherwise mutilate your card. Do not laminate your card.
The Reduced Fare Transit Photo ID cards being issued at this time are yellow plastic cards, customized with the photo and name of the recipient.