Updated March 21, 2018
Thank you for visiting the Go CT card website (“Site”). The Site, and any data, public, personal, or otherwise, transmitted via this Site is owned by CTtransit. Scheidt & Bachmann USA, Inc. maintains and/or arranges for the maintenance of and storage of data on this site, manages Go CT card accounts, and processes financial transactions on behalf of CT. CTtransit and Scheidt & Bachmann and/or its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and/or their respective suppliers and licensors, are individually and collectively referred to herein as “we”, “us”, or “our”.
We collect information, which includes your name, physical address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, and bank account information, from and about you.
- Information about your visit to this Site. We may gather information about your visit to this Site, such as the name of your Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the type of browser and operating system used to visit the Site; the date and time you access the Site and which portions of the Site you visit; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our Site. We might also gather information about what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We do not use the information automatically collected to ascertain your personally identifiable information. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends, and administer the Site.
- Contact Information. We may collect your name, street address, telephone number, organizational affiliation, or email address if you provide it to us by contacting us by email, registering a Go CT Card account, or some other type of interaction, etc.
- Payment Information. We collect your credit card number or bank account information if you purchase a Go CT card on-line, reload, or use the automatic reload function. We also collect information about your Go CT Card account’s balance and activity.
- Demographic Information. We may also collect information like your gender and date of birth if you fill out a survey card or apply for an aged-based discount. We may collect other information necessary to substantiate an application for a reduced fare product.
- Trip and Location data. We collect information about where you tap on and off in order to improve transit service and to verify charges to your Go CT Card account.
We collect information in different ways.
- We collect information directly from you. For example, we collect information from you if you sign up for a service. We also collect information if you fill out an online survey.
- We collect information from you passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and Google Analytics to track non-specific user information such as operating systems, browsers, estimated connection types, etc. We also collect information from our mobile apps.
- We get information about you from third parties, like social media platforms.
We use information as disclosed and described here
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to respond to your comments.
- We use information to improve our products and services. We may use your information to make our Site and products better. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, and our Site.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you information about new products and special offers. We might tell you about new features or updates.
- We use information for account management and financial transaction purposes. We use information to manage your Go CT Card account, process your transactions, and communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may contact you about your Go CT Card account or feedback.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
We may share information with third parties.
- We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with companies that operate our Site(s) and provide data storage. Information in anonymous, aggregated form may be shared freely.
- We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud. Users should be aware that CTDOT is a governmental entity and certain information provided to us may be subject to disclosure in accordance with public record laws.
- We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
You have certain choices about sharing and marketing practices.
- You can opt in or out of receiving our marketing emails. You may opt in to be contacted for your opinion and experience regarding the Go CT Card program. To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions or information about your account.
- You can control cookies and tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. You can also control flash cookies, which we may use on our Site from time to time. If you block cookies on your browser, certain features on our Site may not work.
- You can control tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locater or push notifications on your phone. Each push notification has an “unsubscribe” link.
We use standard security measures.
The ordering pages at the Site that ask for your sensitive personally identifiable information are highly secure. This Site uses a standardized universal Internet encryption in connection with certain personally identifiable information collected on the Site. When you send information from your computer to our servers at the Site, it is encrypted so that the information is protected during its transmission. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot ensure that your use of our Site(s) will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
We store information in the United States.
If you live outside the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This Site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
We may link to other sites or have third party services on our Site we don’t control
We may update this Policy.