Long-term Constructions Closure of Downtown New Haven Bus Stop
New Haven-Hartford Express
Construction Detour in Downtown New Haven
We are reminding customers that there continues to be a long-term construction development project impacting the bus stop located at Chapel Street and Orange Street eastbound in downtown New Haven. Routes 204, 206, 212, 223, & 274 remain closed. This project is anticipated to be underway until summer 2024.
Please board these routes at the following locations until the construction project is completed:
- 204–East Haven at Elm Street & Church Street nearside.
- 206–East Chapel Street at Elm Street & Church Street nearside.
- 212–Grand Avenue at Elm Street & Church Street nearside.
- 223–Lombard Street at Elm Street & Church Street nearside.
- 274–Sargent Drive at Elm Street & Church Street nearside.
- 950–New Haven/Hartford Express at Elm Street & Church Street nearside
The following inbound bus routes entering Downtown New Haven will also no longer serve the Chapel Street and Orange Street bus stop until completion of the project. Please alight at Elm Street and Temple Street to connect with other CTtransit bus routes.
- 237–Shelton Avenue
- 238–Dixwell Avenue
- 241–Goffe Street
- 246–Edgewood Avenue
- 254–West Chapel Street
- 255–New Haven/Ansonia/Seymour
Thank you for your patience and riding with CTtransit!